- The relationship between ownership and control of the mass media.
- The mass media, globalisation and popular culture.
- The processes of selection and presentation of the content of the news.
- Media representations of age, social class, ethnicity, gender, sexuality and disability.
- The relationship between the mass media, media content and presentation, and audiences.
- The new media and their significance for an understanding of the role of the media in contemporary society.
The SCLY3 exam is an 1 hour 30 mins. It consists of one 9 mark Q, an 18 mark essay Q and a choice of two 33 mark essay questions.